I have used the services of ACE Drilling for over four years. In this time they have worked on a number of contracts with the range of services provided to TerraConsult by ACE Drilling being illustrated by the following two contracts:
- Corus, Scunthorp – Yarborough and New Crosby – Investigations for new landfills. This included a combination of drilling and testing techniques including:
- 3⁄4 Open hole drilling in S-size to depths of up to 85 m to install 90mm ID wells;
- 3⁄4 Open hole drilling in P-size to depths of up to 55m to install 51 mm ID wells;
- 3⁄4 P-size Coring of weak mudstone and ironstone;
- 3⁄4 Packer permeability testing;
- 3⁄4 Open hole drilling using Odex proprietary drill and case system to install monitoring wells in waste steelworks slag.
- Wigan – ten open holes to investigate the presence of shallow mine workings including SPT tests and installation of gas monitoring wells. Proved both open cast workings and shallow pillar and stall workings.
I have over twenty years experience of site investigation in the UK and believe that Stuart Smallwood and ACE Drilling are one of the best site investigation rotary crews in the UK in terms experience, quality of work and health and safety awareness.
With relation to open hole drilling in Coal Measures, ACE Drilling’s logs are better than any other driller I have come across during my career with a high level of detail.
Should you wish to discuss any matters in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.